What we like about the Drop Outs:
1. They are particularly cool because they are all the same; just one complete alphabet, A to Z with no additions or deletions.
2. They are different because of which letters have dropped out of the matrix to gather at the bottom.
3. They are impossibly light in the hand, weighing less than a glass of similar size.
4. They are about 14 ounces in volume and so are a generous cup without appearing huge.
5.The letters are incised and not printed so there is an actual physical texture under your finger tips as you handle the cup.
6. They are dish washable, microwaveable and, of course, food safe!
7. They come in Delft blue- which echoes a wonderful past that includes the finest ceramics and one the original colors that words were printed in. Sorry that black is no longer available..the glaze got too ornery.
*STUFF YOU WANT TO KNOW*
All of my work is hand sculpted and includes genuine fingerprints... Everything is made of white stoneware and is high-fired. All of the clay, glaze, engobes, oxides and tortillas are completely food safe. All sayings, quips, poetry and wordplay is original and the property of Michael Terra (me; that Mud Poet guy).
And lastly, shipping is free! Yippee, Yippee, Shipping is FREE!
ATTENTION HOLIDAY SHOPPERS!!!...Michael and I will be set up at the Armadillo Christmas Bazaar in Austin, TX again this year. So that means we are out of the studio starting December 12th. You can still order online anytime but if we're in Austin we only have what inventory we brought with us. As always we're happy to accommodate Y'All in the best ways that we can. If you want something very specific then it's best to get that order in before December 10th. Happy Merry!!